We can help!
Get up to $900 towards emissions-related repairs at
The Voluntary Vehicle Repair Program (VVRP) from the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality provides owners of eligible vehicles with financial assistance to help offset the cost of repairs after a failed emissions test.
If your vehicle meets the program requirements, you can get up to $900 for gasoline vehicles toward the repair of your vehicle.*
Already have approval?
Book your appointment here to get your vehicle inspected.
What to expect
The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality offers this program to help keep emissions down in the state we all love so much.
Since 2018, more than 2700 vehicles have been repaired, saving owners more than $1.3 million and eliminating more than 560 tons of emissions.
Does my vehicle qualify?
You may qualify if you meet all of the following requirements:
- You apply for the program within 60 days of failing a required emissions test and no earlier than 90 days prior to your vehicle registration expiration date.
- You are listed as the registered owner of said vehicle with the Arizona Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Division and the vehicle has been registered for the past year. Note that vehicles with expired registrations of 60 days or more are not eligible for the program.
- Your vehicle has a gasoline or light-duty diesel engine.****
- Your vehicle’s emissions control system has not been altered.
Participation in VVRP is limited to one vehicle per owner. Motor homes, motorcycles, salvage vehicles and fleet vehicles are NOT ELIGIBLE to participate in VVRP.
What are the next steps?
Step 1: Speak with an Emissions Testing Station manager after an emissions test failure to verify eligibility requirements and enroll at the station or enroll online.
Step 2: Once enrolled, select an approved repair facility to help you get back on the road faster. (Pick us!)
Step 3: Vehicle owner pays $100 co-pay and the program pays the repair facility up to $900** for the repair of gasoline vehicles.
Step 4: Vehicle repaired and re-tested***
* Customers are responsible for the first $100 co-pay
** Owner is responsible for any remaining balance due to repair facility.
*** At the time of an emissions test failure, a vehicle owner will be provided with the code(s) contributing to that failure. If a vehicle fails the retest for the original failure code(s), the repair work is guaranteed by the facility that serviced the vehicle. If the car fails due to new failure codes, those are not guaranteed and owner is responsible for additional needed repairs.
**** If you own a heavy-duty diesel vehicle and would like to participate in the program, call 520-628-5395.